Monday, March 8, 2010

Fake Pop & Giggles...

Okay, so I admit, Mr. M giving J his first taste of pop at 20 months was probably not the best idea. 

Nor was my use of letting him have pop on our flights to & from Marco in December.  In my defense, the whole plane was begging me to do something, anything to shut my child up calm the tears.

But, we did.  So now we are engaging in the battle of wills on drinking pop.  Or we were, until Mommy decided to be mean & sneaky all at once...

When J asks for "pop", he now gets it.  As much as he wants.  Only, he's not as thrilled with it... Granted, his pop today is Sparkling Water - orange flavor.  And sometimes with a shot of OJ for color. 

Since I moved over to drinking Diet Sierra Mist, he thinks... We are drinking the same thing... Sneaky... Sneaky...

I much prefer these smiles, to the meltdowns... Oh well... He'll figure it out shortly, I'm sure, but until then I will enjoy the peace & joy...

Another thing I do is employ distraction... J had seen me open my can, so he was asking for my glass... Really must learn to open the refrigerator door to hide my can, and reinforce the idea of it being the same thing...

So I took off his shoes, and did the ultimate distraction for a 2yr old BOY... I sniffed his feet...

And had us both roaring with laughter... Well, his is contagious you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment