Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Case of the Missing Shoes

Or… He really is my mini-me…

I am anal. I am so type A anal, I easily embrace the concept that being anal retentive is a good thing. I firmly believe in putting things in their places, and if I don’t have a specific place (i.e. junk mail before it has been sorted) I easily stack it for Mr. M to review (obviously, I take what I want to look at first) before pitching into the trash. And to help facilitate this pitch, my pile is generally closer to the trash can than not.

Mr. M… Not so much.

Case in point… Last night, J & Mr. M went for a walk with Fluffy. Mr. M was teaching J how to walk a dog on a leash. Payton was so jealous, that Mr. M promptly took P for a walk afterwards. And I got to enjoy a few moments in which to scarf down my dinner, from their leftovers… See, I missed dinner because I was running around in preparation for my boss’s birthday today.

As a side note: I think my new love is Edible Arrangements.

When Mr. M & J were walking P, our new neighbors asked Mr. M about our dog run, more specifically – who did it? Mr. M is well organized for important things, so he came home to look it up. Knowing he’d be going right back out, he set J’s shoes (his brand new sneaks mind you) right on the table by the front door. 10 minutes later, they were no where to be found. So Mr. M grabbed another pair of J’s shoes & they set off, while I was left behind to start the bath & look for the shoes.

I looked high. I looked low. Behind the TV, underneath its stand. Under the couch, between the cushions. In the hall closet, in our bedroom closet, even in J’s closet. Nope. No where to be found. After much searching, even looked out doors to see if J threw them out the front door when we were not looking.

Later, Mr. M goes to grab a pair of his freshly polished shoes sitting on the laundry room bathroom floor, and to his utter surprise – lined up perfectly with all of Daddy’s shoes, was a very small pair of J’s shoes.

Yep, my son knew his shoes did not belong on the table, so he added them to Daddy’s collection. Maybe next time I go to move them to his closet, I should have him help – so he can learn how to really be anal like me? Or maybe not…


As for me, I'm exhausted today, because the search delayed his already delayed bedtime... Leaving us with the window of sleep soundly shut... In fact, it took my sleeping in there to get him to sleep...  And considering how this week is going to go, with all my Baptism stuff, I am already looking forward to next week & restarting his bedtime routine. 

This week, I'm just calling mercy... Which is really sad, since the real fun only starts tonight... And it goes every night through Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. I can not function when i don't get enough sleep. I know how you feel! Happy early Easter

    ReplyDelete