Monday, February 8, 2010

not MY child - Monday!

Welcome to MckMama's blog train of "Not Me! Monday's"....

Are you feeling guilty about anything? Or did you have any embarrassing event happen that left you hoping no one witnessed it? Or witness your spouse, child, dog... do something that horrifies you in "how did that just happen" sort of way?

If the answer is yes, then listen to Mama - MckMama that is!

"Well don't be! Not Me! Monday was born out of my desire to admit some of my imperfections and reveal a few moments I'd rather forget. You may find it therapeutic to join in and do the same thing!"

Write about what did not happen in your house in your blog, use her MckLinkey to link up your blog entry. What, you don't have a blog - that's okay... We'd still love to read your "not" happenings in her comment section.


I haven't done a "Not Me! Monday" in a while, however, after this past weekend - I must confess to several "Not MY Child!" moments...

On Friday, my son did not wake up at 6AM ready for the day. Nope! Not MY Child! He always sleeps his full 12 hours, not waking before 8AM. I did not react to this by climbing into his bed & telling him he could watch Barney (on continuous loop no less) while Mommy slept. Nope! Not Me! I’d never do something like use the TV as a babysitter while I slept. As a result, I did not wake up covered in dirty size 3T clothes with a small finger poking at me. I did not laugh and think – Well, at least I got that extra hour of sleep.

On Saturday night, while in the bath tub I did not start singing the ABC’s to Jacob, in hopes he’d join in. Nope! Not Me! I’d never take play time & make it learning time too. Nope! I’d never do something as multi-tasking as that… He would not respond in all his attitude glory “No Mommy”. And I would not then switch to counting. He would never respond with “No! Mommy!”. And if this were to have happened, I would not move on to Sandra Boyton’s Moo, Baa, LA, LA, LA. Jacob would not stand up in the tub walk over & get in my face to say “NOOO! MOMMY!” then turn away and face the corner wall of the tub to play with the rubber duckies. Nope! Not MY Child. He’s always game for learning while playing.

And he never gives me attitude. Nope! Never!

Which is why I did not give my son some orange pop in lieu of experiencing a full out melt down at the dinner table yesterday. Nope! Not Me! My child is not demonstrating the terrible 2’s with all that fan fare.

After giving my son 20 minutes to play on his own while Daddy watched the Super Bowl & I cleaned up the kitchen from dinner & caught the end of Damages, did I walk into his room to find diaper in hand & poop on the floor. Nope! Not MY Child! He’d never do something so disgusting. He knows we only potty in our diaper or in the potty directly.

Lastly, I am not sporting a sore left arm with a whopping bruise the EXACT same size as my son’s mouth. Nope! Not Me! My child never bites me. Nope! Not MY Child. He knows better than to bite me.

And I don’t wonder why I’m the only one who he bites while caring for him. Mr. M does not tell me that it’s because J knows I’ll put up with such behavior. I don’t disagree and say that it is more likely I’m the one who gets to do all the non-fun stuff. Like bed time, nap time, redirection, etc… Nope! Not Me! I’d never disagree, even if I think it might be true…

5 comments:

  1. I never let my kiddos watch cartoons in the morning so I can sleep just a few more minutes! And yuck to the poop story...why do kiddos always find a way to make a mess when you just finished cleaning up?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never lay in bed while my child watched TV either just hoping for a few more minutes of much needed rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEVER would send my kids down to let them watch TV while I sleep. EVER. Certainly not EVERY MORNING! LOL!! (At our house, it's PBS kids.)

    Hey! I'm following you now! Thanks for the baby dust and your nice comment on my blog! I will certainly POAS in the morning. Once a day until I get a line or AF! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HMMM... I didn't put in a video just last Wednesday so my two year old would sit still so I could take a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I love Barney. My son, Jackson, loves to dance to the music...and I think it's super cute!

    ReplyDelete