Thursday, February 25, 2010

Channeling Mother Nature

I’m itching for Spring.

Ask J what he thinks of snow, and he’ll ignore you. Ask him if he likes snow, and he will respond with a resounding “NO!”

Takes a bit after his mother, huh? Actually, Dad is not much of a fan either, but he told me from the start, unless I could find a way to move the White Sox & the Bears (Da Bears for my fellow Bears fans), then we were stuck here…


After snow on Sunday and Monday, the slushy kind that is good for nothing but making ice balls to toss at your brother before running inside to hide from retaliation. Not that I’d ever do such a thing. I was channeling Mother Nature. From my short sleeved light weight sweater, to my khaki pants, to my sockless feet in cute black patent leather tasseled 3 inch heels. As for J, he was from his lack of hat & gloves, to his sneakers, and khaki pants to his 1 layer of shirt…

As for Mother Nature, she wasn’t listening.


Yes, that is snow on my pant leg even. It took me until bed time for my feet to stop hurting from being so cold…


However, in an effort to be positive about it all… Here is my attempt at appreciating Mother Nature’s work.


Parking lot at work


Daycare’s back yard:


Yes, this is what my son gets to enjoy all day, every day…

and for Grandpa P – because I know you are dreaming of hunting season want to know… there were 13 in total

While, I still hope for Spring to land here in the Midwest soon, it was nice to stop & enjoy these few moments of winterland wonder…

2 comments:

  1. All the pictures cracked me up... including the two of your feet before and AFTER the snow!

    ~Elizabeth
    Confessions From A Working Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm cracking up, because I came thisclose to taking a foot photo today, after my heels were completely covered in snow! Too funny!

    And P.S. I freaking love you. Your comment today - it was perfect!

    ReplyDelete