Friday, February 19, 2010

School Projects – Already? He's two.

After J’s first year, when I was asked to come back to work full time, Mr. M & I had a lot to consider in finding the perfect replacement for family care. AKA – Daycare.


J had only known Mr. M, Grandma M or me 7 days a week. It was a perfect balance. J had time with people other than me, preventing him from becoming overly mommy focused, while also giving him a day a week to bond with just daddy and one to bond with grandma. This was important to me, removing all guilt for returning to work.

However, the idea of placing him in daycare 4 days a week had me re-thinking working at all. Mr. M was re-thinking it as well. After long discussions we agreed that my having my fabulous personally inexpensive insurance was more important to Jacob, and our family as a whole than the benefits of my staying at home. Also, as the economy was in a severe downturn at the same time, we agreed willingly giving up a job just seemed crazy at that time.

Result, I’ve found I’m a better mom working 4 days a week. I think I’ve mentioned, I’m a bit of a Type A, never shut the brain off type of person. We’ve watched Jacob blossom & develop in daycare. It’s wonderful.

Miss Angie dotes on Jacob, which is probably in part why I love him there… Well, that AND she doesn’t complain when I do a, more often than not, daily call to see how my little man is doing.

However, recently I’ve been shocked to see completed work – displaying a sticker for good attention & effort in Jacob’s playpack. Yes, you read that right. My just now 2 year old, is already bringing home work he completed while at school. Shocking, isn’t it? Amazingly wonderful too.

I’m not going to bore you with showing off the day to day projects, but I do want to share the recent projects he’s brought home.

Seriously, I heart Miss Angie as much as my son does… And I owe her a HUGE thank you for loving, caring for, and teaching my son in my absence. We couldn’t ask for a better replacement for family care.

Valentine for Mommy

Valentine for Grandma M & one for Grandma P

Parrot is for P the letter of the week

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing to me how different daycare/preschool/kindergarten are now from when I was a kid. I have a friend whose son had to give a 5 minute presentation on a book in kindergarten! I was horrified! In kindergarten all I remember doing was playing and cooking class once a week. Kindergarten was half-day back then!

    Your Valentines are adorable!

    ReplyDelete