Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Reason to Clap…

We had such a busy weekend… Again. I sometimes think I need to just stop. Forget laundry, friends, responsibilities, plans, groceries, visiting family, etc… And just let Jacob relax and chill at home. Only problem is that would lead to a stir crazy mommy, since I have serious issues turning off my brain of all we “have” to do…

Luckily for me, J is such a trouper!

Friday started with a Valentine’s Day party with our Mommy group. Followed by lunch, then nap in the car. Granted, he didn’t fall asleep until the last 10 minutes of our 45 minute drive. Leaving me to Facebook in the parking lot outside Macy’s, as I let him sleep another hour and half. We ran in & grabbed what we needed, then stopped for a pretzel and lemonade. On our way home, we stopped for a quick play date with J’s girlfriend’s Ava & Dottie before dinner.

On Saturday, we ran errands to get ready for J’s birthday party on Sunday. J and I shopped to our heart’s delight getting gift bags for every attendee, complete with cards saying “Thank you for celebrating your Valentine’s Day with ME! Love, Jacob”

Then I took J over to the Grandparental M’s, where he was able to play & make real progress on learning how to descend on stairs, while I ran to the bakery to grab his cake. And cookies, and special Valentine’s heart cookies (for the bag), and an Elmo candle, and balloons. Obviously, I sprawled from my initial cake purchase.

We spent until nap time with Grandma & Grandpa, then we took advantage of the road time home to grab a good nap before grocery shopping to get the stuff for the party and for us to munch on during the week.

Then of course, Sunday was crazy with the party… Pictures on that are to come…

And through this all, J remained in pretty good spirits. He even took time to stop and remind me there are small things in life worth clapping about.

Even, when those things are not perfect. And the 2 year old job is not nearly as well perfected as the Mommy job, but it was good enough to cause someone to clap. Which in turned caused Mommy to take an extra moment at the stop sign to look and clap. And ultimately, snap the picture of a moment worth clapping.

*In case you are unsure of what is so worthy of a clapping moment, that would be Jacob putting on his winter hat and sunglasses...

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I'm going to let you win... I mean, I did damage my vehicle and my sitter's... but your child issues DEFINITELY top mine.

    You're right, it could always be worse. I just read another mom's blog that reminded me how lucky we both are!

    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so cute suckin' his thumb!

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete