Wednesday, September 9, 2009

19 months & cutting 2 yr. molars

Mr. M and I have come to the conclusion... J is cutting his 2 yr. molars. And it is heart-breaking for our WHOLE family...

J, first and foremost, is directly affected. However, his tears and pain cause us all to play a role. Last night, around 1:00 he woke up. I tried EVERYTHING (Milk, Water, Juice, Food, Motrin, etc.) I could think of to help him. He was only happy when I allowed him to play, but he would be content to sit in my lap and watch a movie (or two). Finally, around 2:15, I put him back in his crib trying to talk gently to him to soothe him. By 2:30, the hysteria had reached a level I conceeded the need for help.

Enter -> Mr. M.

He tries "Little Teethers" numbing gel. No dice. He tries to get J back in his crib. No dice. Then a delightful, no really spectacular idea forms. Popsicle.

And with that (okay, 2 of them), we were allowed to return to bed for sleep.

Sadly, it was 3:30 by this point and I was only able to snatch another hour of sleep before work. Which would be okay, if I only knew... How long does it take for these teeth?

And... When can we get back to happier nights of fighting sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment