Saturday, July 28, 2012

Ionia Free Fair

No, I am not excited... Nope.  Not.At.All.

It's that time of year again... What time?  Ionia Free Fair time.

I grew up going to this fair most years.  When we did not make it, I was pretty salty over it.

My first music concert - NKOTB (that would be New Kids on the Block for those born after the 70's) - was in the stands during the fair with my best friend and next door neighbor.

While we've both moved away and had children of our own, this fair brings those memories back like they were yesterday.  Complete with Wet-n-Wild nail polish and Aqua Net hairspray.  Possibly even some Rave to ensure the ultimate hold.

And we cannot forget the Love's Baby Soft perfume.  Oh those were the days...

Is it wrong I was shocked, amazed & slightly amused they still sell it?!?!?!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! 

I know I will be living it up on funnel cakes and fresh lemonade - because fair food is definitely devoid of calories, allergens or any other nonsense that come Monday will make me regret the enjoyment I am seeking out today.

Couple of pictures from last year's visit to enjoy while we are out gathering new memories!
 How can you not smile looking at him?


No comments:

Post a Comment