Thursday, July 5, 2012

Artwork for My Office

J came home from school one day last week, so sad.  He'd made me a present, but had forgotten it at school.  I explained he should not worry, and it would be totally fine.

When I picked him up the next day, it was safely tucked away in his backpack, but he proudly announced I could open it on my next birthday.

Seeing as I just had my birthday, I explained that was a long time away & couldn't mommy open just this one gift early?

J thought and thought about it, finally relenting. 
I kept the card (heart) from the font, as it made me so proud.  He must have really worked to write all those letters at once. 

He is working so hard on learning words lately, I've actually started letting him text from my phone to family.  He pretty much says the same thing over and over again, but I know the repetition of having me spell those words for him, having him sound them out, over and over again will cause him one day to say "I know Mommy, you don't have to help me anymore".

It will be bittersweet...

No comments:

Post a Comment