Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Doing the Tourist Thing - NAVY PIER

Between my work schedule, commitments to visit family & friends now that it is summer, and Mr. M's work schedule, we have not seen a lot of each other lately. 

Like most couples, we realized we needed to spend some time on just us - away from the house to ensure quality time... I'm not sure about you, but I find if I am home, I cannot just have quality time because I am always thinking about what needs to be done.

  • at the pool, I'm looking at our deck in need of washing & another coat of stain
  • Payton is in major shedding mode right now.  I think I could sweep 10x's a day and there still be hair wherever she walked.  Sigh
  • Laundry, the never ending gift
  • Packing for next weekend's quick visit to see family
  • Grocery shopping
  • etc...
The list never ends and for the most part, are not one and done type items.  So my brain never just turns them off. 

But this past Sunday, we turned them off and went to Navy Pier.  We all got up early, arriving just before they opened the rides.  Since it was another 80 before 8 day, it was good to not have to wait in the long lines that were forming as we decided to tour the strip and grab lunch at Riva. 

J on the Lighthouse ride.
 Merry-go-round...
By 1pm, we were fed and tired.  J was asleep before we even got on the expressway and slept all the way home, then due to the rain storm we had, slept another 2 hours in bed.

We had a wonderful family dinner time and all crashed out early.  What a great way to start the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment