Monday, September 20, 2010

Fall bagel morning...

I HAVE to get J & I back in the habit of attending Mass.  I miss it.  J, however, has never been a weekly attender like I was, so he does not miss it one bit.

I get it.  Really I do.  And it's why I haven't killed myself this summer.

But... Summer is over... Real life begins anew with each school year, and his early introduction to Mass is important to me.  So back we must go...

And the reality is, we could very easily go on a Saturday night, I just have to get motivated to attend with a child who has the attention span of a 2.5 year old.

However, this Sunday we enjoyed another missed Mass at Great American Bagel.  We have gotten into the habit this summer of grabbing a bagel at least one of my day's off.  It is our morning together.  It is time for J to get spoiled with attention, as all the girls (including the owner) gush over how inquisitive he is, how well behaved, and just so darn cute. 

not that I'm bragging or anything...   Okay, so I am...  Big deal!  I'm mom & totally entitled...

He has especially loved this since I've decided to make it fun, as opposed to keeping him on the whole grain, whole wheat bagel.  As I found he spent more time eating the cream cheese off than the actual bagel.  We started with cinnamon whole grain whole wheat with butter.  J was doing wonderfully eating this.

Then Grandma & Grandpa P were visiting during the summer & Grandma decided try the Cinnabon look-alike.  A frosted bagel.  Full of cinnamon & butter.  Full of delicious goodness.

Now, J & I share one.  It is that good.

And it makes him so happy... It is our Mommy & Son time that I wouldn't trade for the world...

Especially on a wonderful fall day that could be enjoyed outdoors in the fresh air.

So yes, it looks like we will have to start attending Saturday night Mass, as I am not giving up these moments.  Or possibly, we'll attend the 7:30 with this as the carrot to behave during Mass...

No comments:

Post a Comment