Saturday, June 5, 2010

Following Uncle Jeff...

While we were with my brother & sister-in-law over the weekend, we visited her parents.  They have a house on a lake, and were having the family over for a yearly celebration, so we stopped by for a couple of hours before getting on the road to have dinner with my parents.

It was so much fun to watch J stick to Jeff.  J was fascinated by the fish nibbling his legs.  The water play time, and being able to jump off the raft towards Uncle Jeff over and over and over again.  I was worried, he'd have a problem waiting his turn, as we hear "My turn" often in our own home, when J wants to do something, but he didn't.  He patiently waited for his cousin to get her turn, and she returned the favor.

Since I often see my brother in J, it was especially neat for me to see them together bonding...

Although, I did crack up laughing when J decided he'd help Uncle Jeff & Mr. D put up the food tent... J's version of help, was to un-stake the poles right after the guys got them staked... Mr. D chuckled as well, being a grandfather to many... Uncle Jeff... Well, he was more impressed with my redirection skills, than J's help.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post and great snapshots.

    We don't have any family that lives near by so it is very heartwarming seeing my son with family too.

    ReplyDelete