Thursday, February 2, 2012

I dare say... We may have sleep changes going in our home...

Prior to the Holiday break, sleep had gotten pretty out of control in our home.  I don't know if it was my going back to work 5 days, working longer days, or what...

But the wheels fell off that bus.

Honestly, for the most part, Matt & I enjoyed this.  We appreciated the snuggle time we were stealing with our little boy.  How quickly he turned 3 & now we were looking towards 4.

Mr. Matt, however, did have a strong desire to get his bed back.  While he loved the snuggles, he was not so fond of Mommy's issuances of death looks over turning the bedroom light on after 8:30, or even worse - having the desire to do anything but sleep.  Books - Nope.  TV or Movie - Not on your life.  And if you get your iPad out, I just might break it.

Yeah, that didn't work so well.

Mr. M's solution was to start talking to J about how being 4 is such a *big boy* age.  I would roll my eyes, and just settle into sleep.

In the mean time, Miss Cheryl tackled the fun job of putting J to sleep on his own during mommy's late nights at work.  Never easy or fun, the process got easier over time.  I think October's business plan season offered up consistency that allowed her to succeed at this task.

On Monday, J informed Miss Cheryl that when he was 4, he would start sleeping in his big boy bed all on his own every night.

Well, alrighty then...

And I must say, he's working on it...

We have had no fight, no fuss, no muss... He has gone off to sleep in his own bed as early as 7:30, as late as 8:20 every night this week.
 I still wake up to this little snuggler, but progress has been made.
And I for one, am not pushing for the last part just yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment