Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I thought we were here to play tball...

  • not pick the grass & put it on top of anothers head...
  • certainly not gymnastics
  • or lay down & whining
And that is just the 6 year olds.

Sigh...

My 4 year old adds to this mix running aimlessly for no reason as far as he can to reach the bike path & then come back.  (Yes, he does at least come back)  Coupled with the nonstop:  'Am I being good mommy?  Am I going to get to play on the playground after practice?'

Because, yes, that is why we are here... For you to listen & follow directions well enough to earn a trip to the park at 7pm for a whole whopping 15 mins.

It is a school night & that equals bedtime.  Sorry Bud!

Sigh...

I expected the 'he got my ball' cries and 'when is it my turn (to hit or to get the ball)' queries.

Most practices I leave feeling a bit awed that J is paying attention at the same level as the 6 year olds.

But then, with the bar set at this level...

I may have silently echoed the Coach's out loud thinking...

"Hmm... What's it going to be like when we play an actual game?"

Should be good for some chuckles learning experiences...

And the kids are having fun, so there is that.

No comments:

Post a Comment