Friday, April 16, 2010

My Little Engineer…. Or… Curious George

I am constantly calling Jacob "my little monkey".  He is really into jumping off things.  He's halted my heart rate more than once at the park.  Although, I do get a mommy kick out of watching the wheels turn toward common sense when he realizes 'it would be a long way down' from the second mushroom - as opposed to the first he has already mastered.

But lately, I've seen some Engineering genes come out in him.  He is so curious (get it... Little Monkey + Curious = Curious George?  Nope!  Okay, moving on) on how things work.  He will lie down on the floor and work his tools while I read him a "Lightening McQueen" book, and sometimes he just does it on his own. 

For Easter Mr. M & I got him a "You Are My Sunshine" singing card.  He was so intrigued by it he kept investigating how it worked.  When he finally figured out what was making it work, he proudly discarded it, moving on to the next thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment