Thursday, October 22, 2009

Rare - Mommy AM drop-off

On most, Monday through Thursday mornings, Mr. M does wake-up, first cup of milk & morning snack. Followed by a quick diaper change, getting dressed, and off to school/daycare.


Reason: I'm generally at work before either of them even think about waking up for the day. Okay, so maybe J has let it be known he'd get up, but within 10 minutes of no response, settles back into sleep by alphabet Elmo or talking & music playing Oscar. As he really isn't ready to get up either, but would like to think he is...


This is the normal routine. Recently, we varied this routine to accommodate Mr. M's business meeting. (I have an awesome boss who helped make this work) I went into work 2 hours late, you know that day I may or may not have fallen in the gas station parking lot - yeah, that day.


ANYWAY... on that fateful day, I got to do this routine. Wow! He is sooo active, on these mornings... Our Friday's through Sunday's he is much more low key, going with the flow of being lazy until Mommy is ready to roll... On a school day however, Daddy has him well trained to get up & move...


and move he did... Turning on Sprout.




blatantly ignored me trying to get a good picture of him... Still working on turning on that TV...


Breakfast didn't go so well, so I took his snack & juice to daycare in a blatant bribe to not have him meltdown as I left. It did NOT work. Angie did call me though, before I was even out of her subdivision to let me hear how happily my son was taking to the bribe right after I shut the upstairs security door.



Before the tears though, I did grab one last happy picture of J being J....



He was even singing with Leap (ABC's) to complete the Rock Star getup...



You may have to turn the volume all the way up, but if you listen carefully, you can catch J picking up some of the letters clearly....


(Sorry for it being so dark, but someone (not naming names, ahem... Mr. M) has to replace the garage door light bulb)

No comments:

Post a Comment