Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Have you been Boo! 'd?


Boo! is a neighborhood game... Last year when I saw all the Boo! signs, I wondered what were we missing out on?

This year, we were one of the first to receive a Boo! package, and it was such a delight. Fall towels, Halloween decorations, coloring book, plate & bowl for Jacob, Boo! Boo! Band-aids just names a few of the items in the bag.

The catch of the game is - now we had to do it for 2 more people. Can I just tell you how I stressed over what to buy? Mr. M was helpful only to the point of picking J up from daycare and getting him dinner on his day off so I could stop by Target on my way home from work. Then he stayed with him while I delivered the packages...

So first, I stressed over what to buy for the neighbors I really don't know and keep it inexpensive, but then I had to deliver them... The whole point of the game is doing something nice for people, but not letting them know it was you... (Which, to Mr. M's point was - why was I stressing, they'd never know it was me)

In the end, I really hope my two neighbors liked what I put together, and if not, then the Bath & Body Works foam anti-bacterial soap I threw in the bag on the way out the door, was useful - if not enjoyed... Mostly, I just hope they got the warm and fuzzies of "hey, we are apart of the neighborhood" that the package was put together with...

Lastly, I'm sorry for ringing your door bell after dark (but before 8) then running... It truly was with the best of intentions!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like such a fun tradition! I'm sure you picked out a great group of presents for your neighbors!

    ReplyDelete