Monday, October 19, 2009

not ME - Monday!

It's seriously that time again? Eek...

Welcome to another McKmama inspired "Not Me! Monday"....

and wow! Was this week a real doozey...

It wasn't me who just last week bragged over having my child properly poop in the toilet at 20 months, only to have him poop in the tub exactly a week later to show me what I get for bragging. Nope, not my child! I wouldn't have felt totally defeated that this happened for only the 2nd time in his life, even though he gets bathed every - single - night so rapidly after posting said brag moment. Nope, not me!

Said, defeated mentality would not encourage me to choose to empty boxes of home decoration boxes, putting up pictures, decorating in the empty space over our kitchen cabinets instead of blogging. Nope, not me!

And said, potty-training child wouldn't further horrify me by properly peeing on the toilet 2 days later, but aim it all over his step stool, new child's potty and me books, and the floor for good measure. Nope, not my child! I'm certainly not raising him to have such disgusting manners. And if, such an event were to occur, I would most certainly not praise him for being such a "big boy peeing on the toilet" figuring we can work on aim later...

And if all this potty-not-in-the-toilet business were to have happened, I would not want to cry over it happening AFTER we just had the house cleaned, so it really did fall to me to clean it all not once, but three times (2x's with heavy duty, and 1x with "all natural" to wash away the harmful chemicals) before I felt like it was clean enough to host my brother-in-law & his girlfriend over for dinner on Sunday.

It wasn't me on Thursday you saw falling on her bum in the gas station parking lot, grabbing onto the rose bush for good measure on her way down to really do it up right. Really, it wasn't! I'm way more coordinated than that! And if it was me, which it wasn't, I wouldn't then blame it on the flat shoes I was wearing so that I wouldn't fall with J in my arms, since I had to take him down the stairs to daycare before going to work. And I wouldn't have gotten in the car, after washing my hands & getting band-aids, and taken stock of "At least I didn't split my pants or brake a bone", not thinking in the least "at least I didn't have J in my arms" because I ALWAYS think of my child first & foremost. (seriously bad working mommy focused moment)

As if all these were not enough... I still need to confess....

That wasn't my child you saw at Walgreen's yesterday without shoes. Nope, not me! I would never take my child out in public without shoes, especially when it is only the low 50's temp wise. And I most certainly would not do it because while picking up our dry cleaning the gal reminded it was Sweetest Day... Because I always remember random Hallmark Holidays.

And lastly, seriously you are probably like - enough already!, but I still have one more...

That loud crash you heard around the world this morning.... It didn't come from my house! Definitely did not come from my house. Specifically my bathroom from pictures just hung up on Thursday night.

And at that point, I definitely did not cry over how the glass shattered and thankful no one was in there (specifically Mr. M or little man) to get hurt when the picture crashed down. Nor did I say a prayer of thanks that neither Mr. M nor Jacob were woken up by said crash.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    First time visitor from MckMama's NMM! And - oops - it did NOT sound like you had a rough week! Hope this week is better for you!

    ~ Jennifer
    http://thetoyboxyears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete