Tuesday, October 6, 2009

the beginnings of..... Potty Training

Yes, I realize Jacob is a boy.... Yes, I have been told, time AND AGAIN, boys are harder to potty train than girls... And no, I haven't forgotten my son will not be 20 months for another few days....

My response: "Your point?"

I can start to potty train my child if I want to... And who wouldn't want to when you have fun like this...

Or the giggles we shared last night... I know he won't remember them (other than just in general good feelings), but to me, they are priceless.

What are these shared giggles you ask: I probably shouldn't tell you... Definitely not something I should be blogging about for his future girlfriends to possibly read... But since I'm dying to share...

He "tooted" on the toilet.

And I did the very potty training mommy thing... I clapped and cheered. To which, my very happy boy made a concerted effort to "toot" again. and giggle then again.. and more giggles (I'm talking belly bouncing giggles here) till he did it again...

Then he got surprised... All this pushing caused him to pee... And he got the big potty dance. Which was a good thing, because he was a little scared of act of peeing in the toilet.

So while I know, we are still a long ways away from pitching the diapers, I am very much looking forward to more nights like last night in watching J grow to understand what the toilet is there for and how to use it...

Especially during these days of laughter, in hopes we avoid the tears so many parents experience during potty training...


Snapshots of his "supplies".... The foot stool Aunt Liz got him.

And the Sesame Street seat insert that keeps him from falling in...


Do you have a suggestion or two to make this process go faster and easier - I'd love to hear them...

No comments:

Post a Comment