Monday, March 4, 2013

Reading...

This past weekend, we just simply decompressed.  Slowed down and caught our collective breath. 

It. was. awesome.

Seriously... I'm glad we did that, and I hope we take advantage of it more in the future.  It was hard for J to be so simply lazy.  He & I are just not wired that way.  Hence, the disaster that was our basement this morning.  But in under fifteen minutes, I had it cleaned, leaving me plenty of time to grab a thirty minute workout on the elliptical.  Great way to start my week.

That said, the best way to end my weekend was this:

A monkey reading.  Reading whole pages.  Granted they are early reader one sentence pages, but he was doing it.  And since this was a new book, I know it was not one of those "I've memorized it, so I'm reading it", but real sound out words reading.

My excitement was contagious.

Jacob said at the end, can we do another book tomorrow night?  Then you can read me more about Fried Worms.

I love him so much my heart feels like it is going to explode at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment