Thursday, September 29, 2011

FRA - Chicka Chicka Boom Boom!

The theme for the first week of school was Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, which I had never heard of before his first week.  Since then, I've actually run across the book at Target. 

They made coconut trees for snack time, using Cocoa Puffs as the coconuts.  Obivously, he was a happy boy to eat this snack!
 To use up the remaining Cocoa Puffs, the kids were asked to decorate a piece of paper with their tree, then glue on the Puffs.

J ate his instead.  In his defense, he said "They were good Mommy!"
 Since all kids like noise, they rounded out their first week making Shaka Shaka bottles. 
I do have to admit a mommy moment of guilt here... J's teacher requested we send in an empty water bottle for this activity.  Okay.  No problem.  I drink a liter of water every day at work, so I just sent in one of my empties.  Um, yeah, they gave him one.  His was too big to use & be like the rest of the class.  Sigh... I really did try.

No comments:

Post a Comment