Friday, June 28, 2013

Dinner Prayer

J asked if he could make up the dinner prayer, instead of saying our standard "God is great.  God is good..." prayer.

Okay Bud.  I will totally admit to being curious as to what he'd say.

Thank God for mommy being with him.  The sun.  His grandparents.  Toys. 

Hmm... What will he say???

"God please protect people from those evil people who bombed innocent people."

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!

Hold the presses - what are you talking about?

Thoughts flying through my head were of September 11th.  How did he know?  How was he absorbing this?  Is he picking up from adult show Matt & I thought he was asleep when we watched on the living room TV by his bedroom...

"You know Mommy.  From when I donated money to get the no uniform pass at school"

Wow... That was in April, and this is the first I've heard of what he was learning.  I knew it was about the Syrian Genocide, but I had NO IDEA that he was learning what that meant. 

I'm still at a loss as to how to address this.  In the moment, I addressed how thoughtful and sweet it was for J to choose to pray for the innocent people being hurt.

But wow.  Just... Wow...

No comments:

Post a Comment