Thursday, December 15, 2011

1st things first... The broken nose...

The start to my recent chaos...

On December 1st, my plan for Advent came to me... We would read Bible verses that go with Advent together each night as we did the Advent calendar. 

So I raced out of work to hit the local Christian book store to get J a children's Bible.  I was so excited, that when I received a text from Miss Cheryl with the below picture, I didn't flinch.

J falls.  He cries.  It happens.  He is a boy.

And let's face it, I've been warning him for a week (or possibly more) that he needed to sit still in his big boy chair or he was going to get hurt.
He proved me right...  He was bouncing around like a child with 'ants in his pants' and fell right out of his child, we believe he caught his nose on the way down on the actual table.  Needless to say, many tears were had..

But he was not in so much pain that Miss Cheryl couldn't pull him out by saying "now if Mommy was here what would she tell you?"

J, sniffle, "That I have to be careful & pay attention"

By the time I got home, he was all bathed & smiles, ready to start his Advent calendar activities...

His nose, however, had started swelling already... 
By morning, it was obviously broken.  Even his teacher, Mrs. Bach, said when I picked him up to take him to the Dr that it was obviously broken...

So yes, it is official... First broken bone, truly mostly just soft cartilage, is this boy's nose.
That smile?  Yeah, that would be his happiness after learning Mommy wasn't going back to work.  Love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment