Monday, January 25, 2010

Can I catch a break?

I do believe this is the question my darling son was asking this weekend...

First, Friday, I ended up having to work after a morning of jumping. Which meant, I did not have the time to focus on getting him down for a nap. Which translates into a Very.Overtired.AND.Seriously.Cranky.Jacob.

And a very tired Mommy. We went to sleep at 8:30. We did not fall asleep till 9:30 because Jacob was not ready to sleep. He just chattered away at me... I know it is in part that he is just so happy on Friday's to have my full attention & I cheated him - but man, I was soooo tired.

Payton, well, she woke us up bright & early at 6:20. Dog nails on hardwood = baby waking up WAAAYYY to early. Ugh...

After having breakfast with my best gal pal Kari, we went birthday shopping for him (I love this age), and for his friend Dottie. Overtired almost 2 year old shopping... How do you think it went?

As a side note: Yes, I would like to thank those wonderful customers ahead of me in line at Border's. I really did appreciate your letting me jump ahead to remove my screaming child from your viewing pleasure.

After this, we went home & a nap was not only in order, but mandated. However, I must say - I LOVE the days when it takes 2 hours for J to settle down to sleep - then only sleep 45 minutes. Yes. I.love.these.days.

However, by 6:30 he was pooped & crashed relatively easy & for the night... Sunday was a much better day...

That said, I've somehow misplaced by camera cord, and I must find it because I do have some cute pictures from the better moments of this past weekend... He really is a wonderful little boy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure I could haven't written that post... yeah, the names, places, and events would have been different, but the them of an overly-tired toddler and a mommy who needs a time out herself are very much the same right now in my home!

    ~Elizabeth
    Confessions From A Working Mom

    ReplyDelete