Monday, November 16, 2009

What a weekend....

With J not feeling well on Wednesday night, we took the whole weekend easy to ensure he was well recovered to return to daycare tomorrow. (He was with Grandma M today, pre-planned to accomodate Daddy's Bruce trip)

Thursday night started out my fun, with J crying non-stop every time I tried to lay him down to sleep. And I'm not talking fussing, I'm talking all out crying.

No fever, not hungry.

Nothing.worked.to.stop.the.escalating.tears. BUT me walking around carrying him... 

Finally, after 3 hours and my being close to tears myself, I tried sitting up in bed with him - he fell asleep. After a couple of hours sleep, I moved him to his crib. At that point, he transitioned to sleep perfectly (so long as I slept on his floor - okay totally doable).


With this kind of start, I should have known what kind of interesting weekend I was in for... And to explain why, I was so totally exhausted, there was no blogging to be had.

I got to experience (note* order not relevant):
  • J's new tricks
    • read climbing onto our dinner table & going after the light above it
    • read also climbing on the couch, then up the back and finally onto the counter top
  • J's strong affection for saying
    • fun! "eewwweee" and shaking his head
    • not so fun! "No!" while shaking his finger at me
  • J's downward sprial migration to the terrible 2's
    • read his strong desire to hit, pull my hair and earrings
    • read also in general - melt down like only 2 year olds in training can manage

We did have some great moments. The moments that you want to capture on film, so I did... Just to remind me, on days like these... He really is a great & wonderful kid...

And this is just a phase....just.a.phase...just.a.phase...

Breakfast with my great friend Miss Kari


Snuggling on the couch...



Didn't he pull that blanket down like a pro?

and pestering petting Payton!

 

Please, don't remind me that it is followed by the horrible 3's... I need to grow into accepting that reality

Other cool news... I heard Santa has started shopping for this little guy... Do you think somone should whisper in his ear about the being naughty or nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment