Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween 2009 - day 1

We celebrated Halloween over 2 days this year...

Day 1
Stop 1 - Daycare...

No pictures... Absolute Disaster...  Will.Not.Repeat.

J is very much into a parent's phase, which defaults to a Mommy phase if I'm in the general vicinity.  If not, then Daddy works.  Regardless, it has to be me one of us with him at.all.times.  Seriously.

Back to our Daycare stop... J was so leery of being left, he would not leave my leg for a second.  His DCP, Angie, tried holding him & like every other day that lead to an utter...total...meltdown.  The fellow kiddos kept trying to play with Elmo.  Petting his fur, snuggling up to him... All would have made for great memories pictures, had J given me an inch of room to move.  

So after a half hour, we said good-bye and headed towards my work... 

Elmo, err J, caught some rest on the way.

 














Meltdown are hard work exhausting...

Stop 2 - Work...

Sorry no pictures here... Unlike last year:

Elmo was not content to just sit... And work is, well work... So child proofing is non-existent leading to no time for mommy to not be mommy for even a photographic second.

Stop 3 - Mommy & Me Party...

Okay... So this is really stop 4, because we did go home for lunch and a "nap". 
   (read:  J not napping, but instead trying out his new trampoline (aka: bed))

After our daycare stop, I was very leery on how this would go... However, unlike our daycare stop, J was very happy... He dug right in on playing with the boys toys...  
Even decided to demonstrate for the first time - what a real big boy he is.....


He came running to me with a space gun in one hand & a snake (yes, snake) in the other....

After almost 3 hours of great fun, we headed home to have dinner, followed by his bath/bed routine.  As my boy is a "sleep begets sleep" boy... I'm sure it now makes sense, why I was sleeping on his floor...

No comments:

Post a Comment