Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Home Depot Project - Fire Safety

In honor of Fire Safety month, Home Depot had the local fire station join them for the monthly children's project in October. 

J had a blast climbing all over the police car and fire truck.  Talking to both the Policemen and Firemen there offering coloring books and crayons to the kids visiting.  My mom pointed out the "In Memory" on the side of the truck, and J promptly asked the fireman how did those guys die.  More importantly, are they in heaven? 
I felt bad for the fireman, who was rather stumped, but he handled it well agreeing with my responses. 
J had a blast doing his activity with mommy & grandpa. 
 Although, he is very much in a "I can do it myself" phase.


There were smiles all around. We will definitely do this again!


No comments:

Post a Comment