Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Reasons to laugh...

J gives me so many reasons to laugh... And I love that.

I recently read an article where a child expert stated laughter in a child helps to improve self-esteem.  If that is true, J should have zero self esteem issues.  I mean, really - none.

And this morning, upon dropping J off at school, I realized, it is a darn good thing... I'm the mom of a boy.

Seriously.

Could you imagine a girl being offered such snicker worthy meal options as rat tails, puppy poop, or booger burgers?

J responded with hands on hips and a snicker in his face "That's just disgusting Mommy" and then proceeded to tell me a meal option worthy of him.  "Eggs with toast please."

However, even this did not pull J out of his crabby morning attitude entirely... To get those I love life smiles as I was taking him to school I kicked off a silly version of a favorite Barney song...

Can you guess how it went? 

"I love you, you love me"

Stop Mommy!  I'm crabby!  I don't want to go to school today.  It's cold.

Yep bud, I agree, so I'm singing it silly.  Wanna do it with me?

YES!!!!

"We're best friends like friends should be... With a big fat LICK, and a booger from me to you, won't you say you SNOT ME TOO!"

And with that... We sang it over & over again all the way to school... Laughing so hard each & every time... Our days could only go well. 

As I dropped down to give J a hug on the way out the door, he snuggled in & said "I SNOT YOU MOMMY!"

Seriously... Nothing he could have said would have made me smile more...

No comments:

Post a Comment