Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Changing times...

Wow... Cannot believe I'm getting ready to plan J's birthday party.  How is it time to celebrate his 4th birthday already? 

I seriously still recall making his smash cake, like it was yesterday.

Then I look at him & I am awed... He just realized he is strong/big enough to pull himself up to our counters all on his own.  The joy we've had with that one this past week as we've tried to curtail it.

Mixing old memories with new ones...

Joking about "Pepe LaPue" in the AMs, but actually spending time watching Sid & Super Why.  I love what he learns from watching these shows.  I love watching his mind open to explore...

I do have to say, he cracked me up over the holiday, when he was starting to read words on his terms, but when I pulled out some sight books - he shut right down like I pulled out balls with chains.

I'm trying to think of some new ways to make that more fun for him...
Oh, and I hear snow may be starting to come our way.  I'm not sure if J is excited or dreading it like me... I love to play in snow, but I hate living it in... And from what I hear, it is rain turning to snow, which equals ice at some point.  Sigh.

Speaking of driving... J has gone back to wanting me to walk him in each day.  I love that he needs me like this.  It was so hard for me to let him walk in on his own each day.  Today was a good reminder to stop... Breathe... And walk beside him.  I can be 5 mins late to work.  I could not get those moments back if I had just driven off without stopping for J to call out...

"Mommy wait!!!!  I need one more hug!"

Yes, we all melted...

No comments:

Post a Comment