Saturday, January 15, 2011

Wrapping up 2010

Jacob,

I am in awe of how much you have changed & grown in this past calendar year.  Your smile melts my heart every.single.time.  You've very much become your own person.  Opinionated would be an understatement to how you feel about certain things.  Once your mind is set, you are very determined to ensure you have your way...

We started out the year eating a cookie, and ended it making cookies.  Visiting Jump Zone is a highlight that started at the end of last year, and has only grown with you... It is so much fun to watch you tackle things that even 6 months ago you were still too small to challenge.  Speaking of growing, you are now 39 inches & 35.5 pounds, shoes off. 

You started preschool this year, and through it learned to say the Pledge of Allegiance, improved your ABCs and counting.  You started coloring this year, and recently I've noticed you making an effort towards the picture, as opposed to just coloring on the sheet.

Eating has become more of a challenge, as you are very particular about what may cross your palate.  Bribes have been known to help entice you towards food you are resistant to trying. 

Potty-training was a major accomplishment, that in the end, was mostly led by you.

You've spent the year sleeping in your big boy bed, and we are looking to upgrade you to a twin soon.  You & me snuggling in your bed has become a bit too cozy for mommy.

I think the most surprising thing for me over the Holiday's was your improvement in the ability to focus.  You sat through several movies without moving.  You were mesmerized by "Santa Paws" and "Polar Express", both of which, I guessed (after the fact) were probably older than you...

For me, the biggest happening was remarrying my husband and getting baptized. 

We decked out the basement for you to have a place to go play on your own.  However, you still very much like Mommy or Daddy (or both) to join you in your fun.

I want to save some changes for you birthday post next month, so I guess this is a good time to stop...

I love you little man...

With lots of love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment