Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Loving my little boy...

Since December 16th, I've had the rare opportunity to experience Jacob 24/7. No.Breaks.


This time has been wonderful and trying all at the same time. He is entering the terrible 2's, developing a mind of his own and sprouting wings. One minute he is wonderful and loving, the next he is trying my patience with every ounce of his independent soul. His desire to be his own person, and his desire to please me is an internal conflict I had hoped would wait until we were dealing with his teens... But like his mommy and daddy, he is starting this struggle at an early age...


(side note: Can I say how annoyed I'm annoyed this struggle is starting before we mastered potty-training, as this struggle is setting up a major road block on that path, but he is not old enough for bribes to work yet)


And it is wonderful and sad all at the same time. I love watching him grow. Looking at pictures today, and seeing how much he has changed over the past year renders me speechless...


How about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment