Friday, October 3, 2014

Sunshine on a rough day...

This week, I received a phone call from J's teacher.

During a water break of his martial arts, I asked him...

What would you say, if I told you Miss B called me today?



Um... I'd say - I was bad today.

His utter and complete honesty was made my next reveal more heartwarming than I can possibly capture into words.

She did say the entire class had a rough day listening and following directions, but that she was calling because wanted to give you kudos for being the only one out of 24 kids to say "I'm sorry" for said obnoxiousness.



Later when he listened to the full voicemail, he was so happy.  He was proud of being recognized for his manners, even after a rough day.

I'm so happy he, 100% on his own, thought to be thoughtful and apologetic.  I'm even happier his teacher knew to acknowledge that fact.

Small victories can be huge in the life of a 6 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment