Monday, February 7, 2011

1st Soccer Game

Mr. M & I signed J up for soccer in a 2 - 3 year old league.  I found it through our local YMCA, which we are not members, but the way J was bugging me to swim & play basketball after last week's game, I think that may change... 
The program was set up for the kids to have a half hour of practice time followed by a half hour game.
J ran for almost an hour straight.
And he did great.  In fact, here is the text I sent out to family right after the game, as soon as J crashed out for his late nap.

J scored 2 goals (granted he used his hands both times to set it up & then he kicked it in) then stopped one as goalie!  Of course he played the whole game happy to not be sitting on the sidelines.  Mommy's glad the team isn't bigger :) 

Also, I will be posting a video of J doing jumping jacks on FB, so look for it.

Then I called my mom to remind her to join, and to tell her about the text since she doesn't text message either.
There are 3 rules for this game:
  1. No crying
  2. No fingers in the mouth
  3. No hands on the ball, unless you are the goalie
And yes, J broke all 3.  I've already told you he touched the ball... Then during the last play series, as they did rotations every 5 minutes, J was just exhausted.  He broke rules 1 & 2.  Thumb in the mouth & crying over not getting the ball.  Luckily, Mommy was able to get him calmed & back in the game in less than a minute.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of the game, most pictures are from pre-game when I wasn't needed to help coach J from the sideline.
Yep, I'm gonna be one of those mom's...

No comments:

Post a Comment