Monday, August 31, 2009

History of Me to becoming Mrs. M.

Born June 5, 1976...I was a day late & my mom has always told me... A dollar short. ha... ha... Although, I am generally short of cash when shopping for clothes... :) We lived in a rual town in Mid-Michigan, just South of Lansing. Until the fall of 1989, when we moved a half hour West to a slightly larger town. From there, I did a year at Central Michigan University before transferring to University of North Carolina at Greensboro. May 1998, I graduated with a degree in Accounting and a minor in Econ. I moved home to work for EDS. Having not endured the Midwest winters, I found myself longing for the sun of the South. This caused me to lobby for a job in Miami, FL Spring 2000... Only Miami is very pricey (read: unaffordable), and thanks to Monster, I took a job with Ford - relocating yet again, to a suburb of Chicago by September 2000.

Mr. M & I met in January 2001. He had noticed me the previous November when I had bought my Explorer, but in my self-centeredness, I missed him. However, this crisp January morning, I was totally open and interested in meeting the guy who looked at me like a 'deer in headlights', saying "hi!" and taking off before I could really respond. Our first date was on a Thursday night at a Chicago/Detroit basketball game, although I don't think either of us watched any of it... Friday we did dinner. Saturday we did dinner and added a movie. Sunday we hit Brookfield Zoo, enjoying the warmth of the buildings. By Monday, he had told his brother (Uncle J (M)) that he had found the woman he was going to marry...Me... I told my now really close friend, then co-worker, he's a really nice guy & I don't want to screw this up. (Obviously, I was not so confident in our future)


Well... bumps happened. life happened.. love happened...



in August 2001, we were engaged and on May 25, 2003, we were married in Augusta, MI




No comments:

Post a Comment