Thursday, November 3, 2011

FRA - Woodshop

In case I haven't mentioned it, part of why I fell in love with FRA was the simple fact they have a woodshop.  Woodshop for all kids, not just the never going to be a college student kids, but all kids to help them understand math concepts by putting them to practical use. 

They started by reading a book about working around tools, covering the basics on safety.  Then they started showing simple tools.  In recent pictures, I saw the kiddos using sandpaper on wood. 
Mr. M & I love how J is bringing this home & telling us what he *needs* for his tool bench.
I'm excited to see what project his class works on in the Spring.  His creativity is growing leaps & bound right now & I can only imagine how much fun it is for him to incorporate what his mind can imagine with what he is learning every day.

1 comment:

  1. What a neat way to get kids working with their hands. I love that!!

    ReplyDelete