Sunday, January 29, 2012

The good stuff.

The moments I treasure the most now are the ones J will forget as he grows.  They are the moments where he will recall the warm feelings & the love, but the actual moments we are gifted with - he'll never remember.

And it is kind of sad... So I'm capturing it here...

Mr. M had a wonderful trip.  We spent J's nap time catching up.  Matt downloading to me about all he learned.  Changes he wants to make & road maps for us to get there. 

Some changes are family, life changing, some are minor & will be felt very little.

It will be interesting to see how things come together.  See how things work.  See how these changes impact our life.  It is easy to be positive & engaged when we are in the honeymoon phase, so I expect some stumbles, but I have faith in us.  Especially as I said a prayer in regards to these changes in church Sunday AM.

But the moments I wanted to capture here for J is the one of him & Mr. M snuggled up together in pre-nap downtime doing math.  Learning how to count.  I've been trying to teach J to use his fingers, but Mr. M found a rocket ship iPad learning game & made it fun.  J was having a blast.  He kept wanting to do it over & over again.

Sitting outside listening to them.

Yeah, those are the good moments.  Those moments make time-outs & the not-so-fun moments of parenting - perfect.

and I'd be lying if I didn't say, Mr. M taking J to the Jump Zone after nap time so I could have some downtime to pay bills & get dinner ready - yeah, that made him my good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment