Friday, November 4, 2011

Snack Days... Snack Days...

During Parent's Orientation, I learned the 'healthy prepared snack' J would receive each day is lovingly prepared by us - the parents.

Yeah, did not see that one & being totally honest, it threw this working mom for a loop or two.

Mr. M suggested I grab 5 Monday's in the fall and just be done with our piece, until J's birthday, which will be our last day to do snack.  Seizing on what I thought was a fabulous idea, I signed up for each Monday in October and the first Monday in November.  Little did I know what horror I was in store for with work in November or that I would be making homemade play-doh for J's Halloween party at school.  Needless to say, October was torturous.

What was not torturous, was preparing his snacks.  Okay, so once I decided on what to supply, it has been fairly easy.

The rules were simple: healthy, enough for 26 children & containing no chocolate, #9 red or peanuts.

wk 1 - Scooby Graham Snacks with organic apple slices & water

wk 2 - Fruit Kabobs (watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe, pineapple, strawberries & pepperoni & cheese) & water

wk 3 - Grapes, cheese sticks & organic Horizon milk

wk 4 - Yo-kids organic yogurt with Go-Squeeze applesauce & water

wk 5 - will be...Mott's Medley's Fruit Snacks, organic apple slices & organic Horizon milk So far J's been happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment